– BLUEBERRY SCONES –
“Makes 8 Scones / 45 Minutes”
On Monday I picked up “The Kinfolk Table” at West Elm, which is an incredible book by Kinfolk. They also have a magazine that I am an avid reader of. Incorporating cooking into my lifestyle has always been in the back of my mind. On a college student budget, that could be rather tricky. I figured with my new part time job that I could cook a bit more and share my favorite recipes here on the blog. I am starting simple with one of my favorite recipes from the Kinfolk Book, Blueberry Scones. A slight obsession with scones and sweet breads has escalated over the years. Let’s get started.
+ Recipe adapted from “The Kinfolk Table”.
01. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and position rack in the center of oven.
02. Sift all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Cut the butter into the dry mixture using two knives.
03. Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl. Mix in the whipping cream and vanilla extract.
04. Mix the egg mixture with the dry ingredients. The mixture will look a bit shaggy.
05. Knead the dough with hands in the bowl until the dough comes together. Take generous portions of the dough and shape them into triangles. I made mine about 3/4″ thick and 3″ across.
06. Arrange the scones on a greased or lined baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Brush the tops with cream and sprinkle with sugar.
07. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and serve warm.
+ Recipe adapted from “The Kinfolk Table“